Track 1: Object Detection in Poor Visibility Environments
About the Dataset
We structure this track into two sub-challenges. Each challenge features a different poor-visibility outdoor condition, and diverse training protocols (paired versus unpaired images, annotated versus unannotated, etc.).
- Dataset and baseline report: Arxiv
Training & Evaluation
In all two sub-challenges, the participant teams are allowed to use external training data that are not mentioned above, including self-synthesized or self-collected data; but they must state so in their submissions ("Method description" section in Codalab). The ranking criteria will be the Mean average precision (mAP) on each testing set, with Interception-of-Union (IoU) threshold as 0.5. If the ratio of the intersection of a detected region with an annotated face region is greater than 0.5, a score of 1 is assigned to the detected region, and 0 otherwise. When mAPs with IoU as 0.5 are equal, the mAPs with higher IoUs (0.6, 0.7, 0.8) will be compared sequentially.
Sub-Challenge 1.1: Object Detection in the Hazy Condition
We provide a set of 4,322 real-world hazy images collected from traffic surveillance, all labeled with object bounding boxes and categories (car, bus, bicycle, motorbike, person), as the main training and/or validation sets. We also release another set of 4,807 unannotated real-world hazy images collected from the same sources (and containing the same classes of traffic objects, though not annotated), which might be used at the participants’ discretization. There will be a hold-out testing set of 3,000 real-world hazy images, with the same classes of objected annotated.
- Paper: ArXiv
- Release Date: December, 2017
- Download Training Data: Benchmarking Single Image Dehazing and Beyond
- Download Dry-run data: Google drive link Baiduyun link(extract code: 27vi)
- Example submitted dry-run results: Google drive link Baiduyun link(extract code: a6rh)
- Codalab: https://competitions.codalab.org/competitions/28022
Sub-Challenge 1.2: Face Detection in the Low-Light Condition
We provide 6,000 real-world low light images captured during the nighttime, at buildings, streets, bridges, overpasses, parks etc., all labeled with bounding boxes for of human face, as the main training and/or validation sets. There will be a hold-out testing set of 4,000 low-light images, with human face bounding boxes annotated.
- Paper: ArXiv
- Release Date: March, 2019
- Download Training Data: Dark Face  Data (Updated in 07 Feb. 2021!)
- Download Dry-run data: Google drive link Baiduyun link(extract code: 429h)
- Example submitted dry-run results: Google drive link Baiduyun link(extract code: ojwm)
- Codalab: https://competitions.codalab.org/competitions/28029
If you have any questions about this challenge track please feel free to email email@example.com